Martin Zwilling in Management/Leadership in Entrepreneur, October 29th, wrote an article on 10 Qualities Every Leader of The Future Needs to Have. These are the same qualities you’ll need to start-up and run your small business.
At the end of the article, he summarizes by saying that: Savvy entrepreneurs and managers around the world are finding it more effective to lead through influence and collaboration, rather than relying on fear, authority and competition. This is rapidly becoming the new paradigm for success in today’s challenging market. Where does your startup fit in with this new model?
The 10 qualities are:
1. Do away with archaic command-and-control models. .
2. Practice ego management.
3. Stress innovation.
4. Put a premium on collaboration and teamwork.
5. Create a shared culture.
6. Be ready for roles and responsibilities to change weekly, daily and even hourly.
7. Temper confidence with compassion.
8. Invite employees to contribute.
9. Stay diverse. Entrepreneurs build teams.
10. Not everyone needs to be a superstar.
For the rest of the article please read 10 Qualities Every Leader of The Future Needs to Have